Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sister Parsley

 

  I was running errands this morning before work. Trader Joe's, gas up the car, pick up the laundry, unpack bags of theatre stuff from the car. As I was unpacking I found this pack of seeds. Apparently, I purchased these seeds when I was purchasing the items needed for the transplant.  I forgot about them. These poor, poor seeds were lost & lonely in one of my many canvas shopping bags.

Its 11:10 am. Now that I've rediscovered these seeds I MUST do something with them immediately....right? (I get distracted easily.)  I have to walk out the door in 25 minutes to make my train to work and I still have make my sandwich for lunch.

GO !



I have nothing to plant the seeds in. All of my smaller, spare flowerpots have a closed bottom, no drainage holes and I have no time to bring out the drill.  *sigh* What's a girl to do? I found this plastic water bottle in the recycling.

"Great ! I'll cut it in half and poke holes in the bottom. That will work".

Nope - that didn't work.  I was afraid I was going to cut myself with gigantic knife I had chosen to poke the holes with. 

"WAIT ! There's a big hole in the TOP of the bottle .... Well, it's a bit too big BUT,  What if I screw the cap on just enough so the water still leaks out"? 
 






"AND what if I invert the top half of the bottle into the bottom half of the bottle so the water drains out and there is a vessel for the excess water to be collected". 

Sometimes I'm pretty smart. 

Out came the left over seed starter soil and I planted the seeds in the inverted top half of the bottle.

 








Rosemary, Oregano, meet your baby sister, Parsley.

 BTW - I made my train with time to spare and my sandwich was delicious.


TA DA !

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're pretty handy. You could be prop gal! Thanks again for the tomato seedlings. I'll have pictures for you soon! Great blog.

    ReplyDelete