Monday, June 18, 2012

Granola

Nothing make me happier than when I'm creating something. Anything. Growing something, knitting something, sewing something, cooking, taking a photograph, developing a new idea, nurturing someone else's idea....really, anything.

So here's my new granola recipe I've been working on. 

2 cups regular raw oats
1/2 cup sliced raw, unsalted almonds
1/2 cup or so of unsweetened coconut chips or flakes ... or however they come for you
1T wheat germ or flax meal

Mix it up & sprinkle as much or little cinnamon and/or nutmeg as you like

Microwave 1/4 cup honey + 1 tsp vanilla so it's thin enough to mix well into the dry mixture....like 10-15 seconds.  (I try to use local honey to assist in the building up of tolerance to local pollen during allergy season.)

Mix wet & dry ingredients together and spread out on either parchment or a silpat mat on a cookie sheet.

Bake at 200 for an hour, turning and mixing half way thru. At the end of the hour I turn the oven off and let it cool in the oven, the granola gets just THAT much more golden and dry.

I mix in dried fruit, but you don't have to.  Enjoy !!






No comments:

Post a Comment