Monday, June 18, 2012

Update ...

I've been very delinquent in my postings .. here's an update.  

Things are GROWING !!

And scene.

 Just kidding ..... Just before Memorial Day I went to Ossining to visit the 4x8 plot that my good and long time friend Gayle has graciously lent me for the summer. 


I cleaned it up, and planted 6 very tiny, premmie tomato plants and the herb sisters, Rosemary, Oregano & Baby Parsley.

 They're in there, I promise.

During the first week of June I returned to the plot to find that the premmie tomato plants hadn't survived. They were just too small to brave the elements......lucky for me, I had backups. AND while I was visiting my parents over Memorial Day weekend Mother passed along to me her left over leeks, cucumbers & ONE LUFFA plant. Get this - Luffa is a squash !!  Mother has decided she wants to attempt to grow luffa. I'm super excited !

Luffa
Baby Parsley

Cucumbers

     
 Purple Cherokee Tomato 2.0  

       



Leeks

Gayle's home is in a town called Ossining, directly on the Hudson River (in the winter months she has the most amazing view of the river and Palisades) so there can be a bit of wind and possibly cooler temperatures. This time I created a very make shift greenhouse around the tomato seedlings by wrapping the tomato cage in plastic wrap. My thinking was that the plants would be protected a bit from the elements and stay warm & cozy. So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment